Saturday, September 13, 2008

First posting, September 13, 2008

I am excited to take this course. I hope to learn what it is like taking a modern online course, learn what others in similar positions know and want to know, and feel more confident with new communication technologies. I am familiar with some of the tools we will be learning about, most notably facebook. I have heard of the names of the other tools, but have little experience with them. One worry I have is that this will add to my sitting and typing time, and I will miss what is actually happening out in the world. Add that to the time I spend reading library books and it could be next year and I won't know it!
I have wanted to do a blog for a long time, I love to write and miss writing letters to people. Since no one ever writes back anymore, I guess it is time to communicate with people where they are at and not how I wish things were, or how they used to be. I am nervous I will take the course too seriously and not do it for fun, I am worried I will get behind and feel frazzled and I am worried I will want to do it when I am supposed to be working (but I won't, promise!). I wonder whether I am supposed to use shortcuts and emoticons like the people who do this for fun. I would like to, since my younger friends on facebook don't spell anything correctly and I feel like I am reading another language and would like to learn more than lol.
See you next time, cheers!

No comments: