Monday, September 22, 2008

I really like Mappr, but I've just begun...

When I saw Mappr, I thought wouldn't it be cool to read a novel and of course I was thinking of Pride and Prejudice as usual, and see photos of the landscape of the villages and see how far it is when the regiment goes to Meriton or when they go see Mr. Darcy's house etc. We could only see what it looks like now, but I would love to take a virtual literary tour of England. I remember a few years back when the One Book One Community book was by Jane Urquhart and they had a bus tour of local places that the book referred to. It would be neat to be able to see that from home, save it as a slide show and share it. A slideshow could be saved and used at community displays or to intrique people to read a book.


If our patrons read a blog, maybe photos would "sell" a new book to them with mouthwatering recipe photos or location landscape shots or if author photos were available. I personally would have trouble writing a blog for young adults, but I would love to have female tween blog followers and I could write about new pony books and teen romances. I know that is the way they communicate with each other, and the young ladies I know will roll their eyes if I talk too long, but I think they would read a blog with photos of new books and reviews by their friendly library staff and their friends. There is a certain anonymity that makes it easier to communicate with young people on line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea!